Movie lovers and gamers will find a lot of things to love about the Essentio CG5290-BP007 from Asus. To begin with, this desktop is built with an impressive NVIDIA graphics card that allows for lush movie viewing and video gaming. Adding to that, its also integrated with several powerful features such as a 9GB system memory, a double-layer DVDRW/CD-RW drive, as well as a handful of gaming and software support features.
While it sports a basic and rather drab and boring design, this device is sure to attract a substantial amount of buzz in the market. Although the arena of gaming supporting desktop is already crowded, the Essentio CG5290-BP007 draws people for its undeniably affordable price tag.
Judging from its list of features, the device was probably intended to woo gaming enthusiasts on a budget. Even though it lacks the sophisticated polishing and jaw-dropping designs offered by its competitors; the Essentio CG5290-BP007 makes up for this with its features and impressive performance.
The Essentio CG5290-BP007 is one of the most affordable desktops available nowadays. Apart from its appealing price tag, the Essentio CG5290-BP007 also delivers impressive performance in day-to-day software, as well as various features that support 3D games.
While the Essentio CG5290-BP007 is an overall excellent gaming device, users might find it inconvenient that its power supply and motherboard cannot accommodate any upgrades as compared to most types of mid-range gaming PCs. Adding to this is the fact that Essentio CG5290-BP007s large chassis may not also suit everyone. To make matters worse, it lacks a Blu-ray device.
Basically, the Essentio CG5290-BP007 was developed to function as a simple and basic gaming desktop that provides all the necessary features without having to burn a hole in the consumers pocket. For a budget PC, the Essentio CG5290-BP007 delivers one of the fastest performances, as well as one of the markets most impressive graphics.
- Intel Core i7-920 processor:
Features 4 processing cores, 8MB L2 cache and 2.66GHz processor speed per core
- Razer Arctosa USB gaming keyboard, USB optical 2-button mouse, power cord
- Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader 8, Microsoft Works 9.0, Nero 8 Essentials and more
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Built-in media reader: Supports Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and Multimedia Card formats for easy image transfer.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 graphics
- Intel QuickPath technology
- Intel Hyper-Threading technology to handle 8 software threads on 4 processor cores
- 9GB DDR3 memory (expandable to 24GB)
- Multi-format DVDRW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media.
- 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
- Price range: $1,199.99.